Greystone Castle Lunch and Safari Tour, Mingus, TX, Saturday, May 19, 8am
CLICK to get on WAITING LIST
Join us for a great drive to Mingus, a delicious
lunch at the Greystone Castle Sporting Club, and a safari-style tour of
its grounds. We have planned a very nice drive
on a scenic, twisty and hilly route after we leave the relatively
crowded cities south of Fort Worth. Greystone Castle is a unique,
first class facility, turrets and all, located on 6500 acres of ranchland
and hunting grounds. It sits on a hill and offers a majestic view of
the surrounding area below. For this event we will embark on a
safari-style tour of the grounds on 4x4 trucks. The 4x4 ride to see the grounds alone
will be a treat, but if it is not too warm we may see some exotic animals such as deer,
antelope and bison. The 4x4 ride can be a bit rough on a few segments, but
should be considered part of the experience.
For lunch after the safari-tour, the chef will prepare a fixed-menu meal for us. He will decide our menu shortly before the event, but from past experience we know that the meals are excellent and come with homemade dessert and coffee. Make sure you BYOB so you can enjoy your favorite libation with lunch.
Greystone Castle is located by the ghost town of Thurber, which was wholly owned by The Texas and Pacific Coal Company. Thurber was a major brick and coal center in its heyday, attracting a population of 10,000 from eighteen nationalities. After lunch, we may wish to see preserved Thurber buildings located just outside the castle.
1) The Greystone Castle can accommodate a maximum of 24 people for lunch and the safari tour. Sign up as soon as you can - first come, first served. Click to email DJ de Jesus or call him at (817) 319-3033 to hold your spot. We sold out on our previous visit.
2) The 4x4 ride on the hunting grounds can be rough on a few parts, but should be considered as part of the experience.
3) Hopefully we will see some exotic animals, but warm temperatures will likely limit sightings. We think the 4x4 tour alone is worthwhile in itself.
4) The chef will decide what to serve shortly before the event. But lunch is usually excellent and comes with dessert and coffee.
5) Please don't forget to BYOB!
Cost and Signup (maximum 24 attendees, first come, first served):
We will charge an event fee of $35 per person for MBCA members and their immediate family. The fee covers lunch and the safari tour. You may BYOB. Non-members are welcome, and will be charged $45 each. Please register and send your event fee as soon as possible. You have 2 ways to pay:
1) To pay the event fee online using your credit card:
Click the button below to pay via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal Account to do so. If you have a mix of members and non-members attending, use the drop-down menu below to select "MBCA Member", then click the "Add to Cart" button. From the PayPal screen, click "Continue Shopping". Then, use the drop-down menu below to select "Non-Member", then click "Add to Cart" . After you are done, click "Proceed to Checkout" from the PayPal screen. Please ensure the quantities for members and non-members reflect the number of attendees in your party. Your online payment serves as your registration.
2) To pay event fee with a check:
Click to sign up via email so we can hold your spot(s), then send your payment as soon as possible. Make your check payable to MBCA and send to DJ de Jesus, 4159 Charron Lane, Fort Worth, TX 76116.
At 8am (come earlier if you wish to have breakfast), we will meet for a briefing at the Cracker Barrel at 8010 SW Loop 820, Fort Worth (I-20 and Winscott Road, west of Fort Worth), (817) 249-3360 (see map below). We will depart immediately after the briefing.